Are you an amazing WordPress Developer? Help our marketing team optimize and scale our marketing website, soapboxhq.com, to drive sign-ups to the SoapBox app!
SoapBox is a dog-filled, emoji-loving startup that loves to get s*** done. If you thrive in a team environment, hold yourself to super high standards, and want to make a serious impact, then SoapBox is the place for you!
At SoapBox, you’ll spend your day:
- A/B testing designs to improve visitor experience and business metric
- Monitoring and optimizing website performance (we hate 404 errors!)
- Managing ongoing website structure and guidelines, including WordPress templates and design standards
- Working with the Marketing team to determine and manage the website roadmap, including new development and maintenance projects
- Collaborating with others on the Marketing, Product and Customer Success teams to meet your and the company’s goals
Our ideal candidate has:
- 1-3 years experience, with a professional portfolio demonstrating experience building WordPress sites
- Proven ability to hit business goals (e.g., conversion, clicks, time on site) with the sites you’ve built
- Understanding of responsive design/mobile development
- Experience running effective A/B tests and using data to fuel your approach
- Knowledge of design tools (Sketch, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc.)
- Experience building search-optimized sites (knowledge of Google Tag Manager is a bonus!)
We’re looking for the kind of person who:
- Obsesses over details to create thoughtful and intuitive experiences
- Constantly seeks out new projects or activities to achieve an audacious goal
- Likes to take a creative, unique approach to solving problems
- Can produce under tight deadlines
Why work with us?
At SoapBox, we know that to accomplish our goals, it starts with having an amazing team. That’s why instead of foosball and free food, we focus on the perks that really matter, like flexible work time, the best health and dental benefits we could find, and time to bond as a team.
Here are the perks that all SoapBoxers enjoy:
- Build something important with fun, dynamic, collaborative team (No, really…we have a team handshake!
- Dog-friendly office (we ❤️ our SoapPups!)
- Awesome office in King West area
- Competitive compensation
- Employee stock options
- Paid vacation that starts right away
- Epic benefits
- Flex work + work-from-home days
- Supportive parental leave policy
- Annual company retreat in Algonquin
- Career development and learning opportunities
If you do not have the exact experience for this position, but are close, please apply! We are not looking for people to “fit” our company – we are looking for people to add and enhance our company through different perspectives, viewpoints and backgrounds.
If you should require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet these accommodations.